Saturday, June 30, 2007

When Concert Goers Cry...



Morrissey appeared last night on David Letterman, in a performance he taped on Monday 6/25. Four days later, the day before his MSG show(THE ONE I HAD TICKETS TO!), the concert is postponed. RATS! I'd like to know what the actual reason is behind the missed date. The official reason is a throat infection. I have never had a MSG date for any concert, postponed or cancelled, and its disappointing, not to mention, odd. Now, instead of seeing a concert tonight, I have to keep wondering if i'm getting a refund or a convenient postponed date. I will give the man the benefit of the doubt, but rumour has it, this is a common occurance. Would any misplaced Morrissey MSG ticketholders like to join me in this song-
Ah, that feels much better now. On to another, music topic-Prince and his soon-to-be-released "Planet Earth" CD. No, The artist doesn't appear to be a Duran Duran fan, but like the fab five, he decided to partner with UK's The Mail on Sunday and give out a free CD to every reader. Did I mention it was for his new album and before it hit record shops? His UK distributers(Sony/BMG) have decided to not release "Planet Earth" to the record shops due to this decision. Read all about itFrom The NYPost
So, Sony/BMG is upset that the record couldn't possibly sell in retail markets, because "2 million" copies will be availible for free. This is bologna. Not everyone will get a copy of the LP in the paper for several reasons. The main reason is the "2 million copies" distributed are not going to make it to 2 million people. I bought 5 copies of the "Mail on Sunday" when Duran Duran had a Cover Mount CD(aka Sampler) . Right there, I denied four people their opportunity to rock out to "Planet Earth"(the song), including small children and the lollypop lady. UK Prince fan will be stuck if they can't find a hard copy of "Planet Earth"(the prince album). The only alternative will be a rare copy(i'm assuming) that will be availible for people who purchased a ticket to his UK concerts. My advice to Prince-DON'T PULL A MORRISSEY! Otherwise, my UK friends will have to ask me to mail them a USA copy. Oh, the things we do for tunes....

No comments: