Just when you thought it was safe to watch television again, Paris Hilton gets out of jail! Oh, the horror of the media circus! Oh, the drama of Larry King Live!Well, I did watch a little of Larry King Live last night (the non-live repeat at 12...). It was so obvious that Mrs. Hilton was looking to be overdramatic, yet, I do think that she has changed. However, you may never see the "reformed" side of her anytime soon. She has always played up for the cameras, but you somehow know that privately, she is quite humble or down-to-earth.
I can say all this because during the nerve -wracking 1st season of "The Simple Life" I had been reviewing her programme for a reality tv website(now defunct). Day in- and Day-out, I got to watch a seemingly normal, family-oriented woman parade around like a clueless jackass in a fashion to raise ratings and eyebrows. But, portions of the show, allowed me to understand that it was just fiction and not actually a "reality" show.
Hilton has immerged normal(sort of humble like in last night's interview) on other occassions. Most noteable, Saturday Night Live, when she spoke about dealing with the "internet sex tape" fiasco. Honestly, whenever the socialite get embarrassed enough, she seems to get off her high horse. This is the Paris Hilton I like(the innocent, honest one; not the snob from hell)
In some ways, her box office bomb films and "Stars are blind" weak music career are her most endearing. I don't care about what party she crashed, or what her status with Nicole Richie is at any given moment. I do care that she can be fashionable, or more importantly, attempts to be pro-animal rights(in some screwed up ways, but she gets an "A" for effort), and frequently, mirrors a mature adult within her heiress responsiblities. I like her better than I'll admit, but I can agree that the media would prefer she stay an air head. I think they are better off looking no further than Nicole Richie, if in genuine bimbo they seek(she faces jail soon, set your TiVO now!). Paris is slowly on the way to greatness. Let's hope she gets another horror flick soon....


No comments:
Post a Comment