Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Duraned Out-A new corner


I've been a Duran Duran fan for many years, ten years, in fact. The next album comes out very soon and I'm looking forward to writing a review about it. However, I don't think I can be taking on the effort it takes to keep up with the fans. I will not take the time to insult the fans of this band. It is just time for myself to have a variety of interests, which I have expressed doing for sometime now.
I've personally had enough of the machine of being a public "Duranie." I have maxed out the excitement even when it comes to personal enjoyment of the bands work. No, they aren't The Beatles, but they were My Beatles(though 10 years too late, technically). I think I've been withdrawing at a poor pace. I did end my six year website tribute about 10 months ago, but then I spent at least $150 to see the band this past June in the city. I would be a very bad substance abuser, so it great that I don't have a vice for illegal drugs or alcohol. I'd probably give up daily drug needles but sniff coke on holidays, weekends, and on whims. Here lies the problem with Duran Duran, I'll have to be weened off and lord knows what else, but if anyone tries to ruin my signed copy of "Pop Trash"(the one with the "To Meredith...With Love, Nick Rhodes" I will drop kick them...I weigh under 150 lbs, I could do it...maybe...if the person also said 'Simon Le Bum").
The fact that Andy Taylor departed is not the reason for my interests to wander, I just have other priorities and I seek balence. I'm older and have different wishes. I wish that Justin Timberlake will not cause the band to sink on a creative level and I also hope Andy Taylor's tell all book will not make the music industry more of a joke to me than it already is...I honestly don't care if the album sells or not, I just hope the production hasn't been overworked, for I am currently "Duraned Out." We'll see this fall if the "Le Bon" doesn't "Le Bum" me out when Red Carpet Masacre gets released.

2 comments:

PammieJR said...

Andy is doing a tell-all book? Where the hell have I been?

MeredithEvonne said...

apparently so, there have been a few web news stories about it...