

....because there was no reason to watch it. Firstly, I hate the Harry Potter movies, and secondly, David Tennant isn't in the new film. Let me explain futher....
I love the English, I Love English pop culture, I do, however draw the line at Harry Fricken Potter, because I just don't have the interest in this epic story. I read 4 chapters of the 1st book and was happy to do so. I would have expected to immediately like it, but I never could finish that 1st book. Maybe I read it at the wrong time, but it did nothing for me. I even went to see the first film. Still, nothing. I don't see the appeal, I prefer to keep out of quiddish, muggles, and interest towards a "boy wizard." I do joke occassionally that I have a "Harry Potter Scar" but that's where the interest ends....
Unless you count the afternoon that I ran out to rent the 4th film, fast forwarded through the entire film to find all of David Tennant's scenes(total: about 4, and half of them he was seen in a dream sequence), and then promply returned it to Hollywood Video. Needless to say, though Tennant attended the London Premire of the latest 5th film, he doesn't appear it. Or does he? I'll never know.
I am now officially "in between jobs." I'm not unemployed, but I may as well be. I have been taking on work as an "Independant Contractor" in the meantime. Some of the work I do involves movie theather assignmates. This week, I had to sit in ten screenings of Harry Potter. I did my work that occurs before the film starts and then I have to get up and leave when the feature starts. Could I have actually stayed for any of those screenings? I didn't ask the theather management if I could, but again, why would I want to see a film franchise I can't stand? From my job prohibiting me from staying for the features, they are actually doing me a favor! You can't say I don't stick with my opinions and Harry Potter is not my cuppa....(Tea, cup of Tea...)...Tennant, on the other hand...


No comments:
Post a Comment