
Fridays should be a day of fun and relief that the weekend starts after work. For myself, this could have been true, but now my weekend won't end on monday to face the morning rush hour. No more people squashing my hip as they plop down to secure a seat next to me. Certainly, I won't have to rush anywhere now that it was my last day today at my temp position. I brought chocolates, thank you notes, and no expectations to the office. What I got in return were a few good references and kind complements. I also felt better about my doom and gloom situation. Sure, I've got my schedual wide open with some deserved rest ahead but I also have no idea what to do next. Even if I do nothing to get another job, in two weeks time insanity will push the evelope and I should be just fine.
This afternoon, a co-worker took me out for Starbucks. Well, let me tell you, I quickly perked up literally. Not only did the employment pep talk in the coffee shop improve my mood, but the dark-cherry-mocha-frapa-whatjamacallit gave me the jolt to go back and work harder to finish out the day. I was surprise that my bugged-out eyes didn't get a reaction while speeding through the rest of the day(this is why I only drink coffee once a week).
Later on, I got a small gift of a teady bear from a main supervisor which said "You're A Star," it was very nice to receive but I wasn't so sure I was enjoying the explaination that went with it "We'd like to keep you, but..." How 'bout keeping me and taking the bear back? At least, I'm this "star" so I'd better act the part and stop being a sour grape.
Speaking of grapes, I felt like hurling some at another co-worker. We got to chatting and I asked if he was happy with some of the work I completed. "Oh, well, at least it wasn't backwards like when the other Polish woman had done the work" he said. "Yes, well this polish girl decided to stick with what was given to her..." I replied. Awkward could not being to describe the situation. He left, I just mumble to myself about it being my last day and having to defend my Eastern European background. Could the day be anymore slow and drawn out?
Thankfully, end of the day finally arrived and after all the goodbyes, I couldn't wait to leave. To where? I don't know. Monday may be strange...


No comments:
Post a Comment